How Vendi made Kwik Trip’s recruitment advertising a stronger extension of brand
Kwik Trip partnered with Vendi to develop a creative strategy for improving how they convey the rewards of joining the Kwik Trip team.
To keep up with their rocket-ship growth trajectory, our project goals included:
- Represent a more contemporary image to recruit in diverse college towns and urban markets
- Convey broad career opportunities
- Support the popular Kwik Trip social channels
- Connect recruitment advertising more strongly to the Kwik Trip brand
It took just minutes for the Vendi team to witness the absolute passion and energy Kwik Trip team members feel about their jobs. It took a large, multi-location, corporate-wide photo shoot to capture that passion and energy.
Our approach was grounded in authenticity and included:
- Audit of existing photography
- Creative strategy to elevate their recruiting overall
- Tear sheets and shot design
- Location scouting
- Comprehensive shot list and shoot schedule
- Talent coordination with a heavy lift from Kwik Trip marketing and human resources
- Vendi shoot team including creative director, art director, photographer, photographer’s assistant, stylist and account supervisor
- Apparel and prop coordination
- Incredibly lively and fun location and studio photography
- Shot selection, color correction and light post work
The fun the employees had at the shoot came through in the lively photos. Those images are a dominant presence on social, online and on Kwik Trip trucks traveling across the Midwest.
For a story on how the team works together, read our popular blog post, “Why every shoot needs an art director,” based in part on our Kwik Trip work.